Welcome to SWILA Baseball
- The Swila summer season will officially begin on Sunday 5/22/2016!
- All-star game will be on Saturday 7/09/2016 for all leagues at Silver Cross Field!
- The regular season will end Sunday 7/17/2016 with the play-offs beginning on Tuesday 7/19/2016.
- The Championship games for all divisions will take place on Saturday 8/06/2016 at Silver Cross Field.
- The summer Directors meeting will be at 5:30 PM on Saturday 8/13/2016 in the Hall of Fame Room at Silver Cross Field. This will be followed by a Slammers game and Directors and family members are invited to the Presidents Suite for the evening.
- The Fall Ball season will begin Tuesday 9/06/2016 and end Friday 10/14/2016. A single elimination play-off will begin Saturday 10/15/2016 and culminate with championships on Sunday 10/29/2016 with games at 11 AM and 1:30 PM at Silver Cross Field.
Click HERE for brackets.
**For a list of 2016 SWILA Directors, please click here **
About SWILA Baseball
The Southwest Chicago Inter-League Association (SWILA) is a rule and scheduling body for predefined southwest Chicago suburb districts. Teams play nine home and nine away games throughout the year, based on their chosen days. Teams that are within the SWILA region do not travel very far to play other teams within their division. There is a $310 fee to join the SWILA community. The money goes straight into a fund which is seen immediately back by playing All-Star and Championship games at the beautiful Silver Cross Field, home of the Joliet Slammers.
Other fee also covers, IHSA official umpires for the Championship games, as well as the trophies for the runner-up and winners. The All-star game is played near the end of June in Joliet at Silver Cross Field and is comprised of one player from each team. The Championship game for each league also takes place in Joliet. This is one game after 2 weeks of a bracket playoff system around each league.
The different leagues in the SWILA organization are: Colt, Palomino, Colt Select, and Collegiate. Fall Ball is also included but played during the fall. These leagues are made up of high school and collegiate students who have a passion for baseball, and wish to continue their excellent play at a competitive level.